If everyone had their own small planet to live on and care for (like in The Little Prince), what would your planet be like?
Dark, cold, and full of horrible monsters from your nightmares.
- Current Mood: pissed off
- Current Music:Against the Wall - Ill Nino
Another nice touch is a cover of the Smashing Pumpkins hit Bullet with Butterfly Wings. I am no fan of the Smashing Pumpkins but I do enjoy that song and I quite like the cover my boys have pulled off. It's...I don't know, a bit slower in some aspects but I believe they pull it off well. At the very least, Cristian's vocals are a great improvement to the song in general.
I can't pick a favorite song yet but I am extremely partial to the opening track, God is for the Dead. It's just beautiful and very reminiscent of old Ill Nino, something I wouldn't have been surprised to see on Revolution/Revolucion or Confession. Against the Wall is also a gorgeous song. I mean, Cris's voice at the beginning just makes me melt but come on, as a fan since 2001, that's no surprise there. I guess those two are pretty much tied for first place though How Could I Believe also puts up a strong fight as does Ritual. I just can't decide. I love them all.
All in all, this album is different yet familiar. It's heavier than Enigma was and yet still manages to experiment a bit. The lyrics are every bit as angry and thought provoking as ever. As a fan for almost a decade now, I approve.
- Current Mood: relaxed
- Current Music:Ill Nino's new album Dead New World
But now the show has ended and my skin has gone from red and yellow back to a more natural skin tone. So long as my skin is still stained, a part of me can believe that things aren't over yet. It's when I look at my bare flesh that I realize that I have to go back to my "normal" life and the waiting game begins. A temporary respite while I recover and prepare to rise from the dead when the next tour comes around.
- Current Mood: contemplative
- Current Music:False Light - Isis
Other random things that happened during the night:
- I was covered in the sweat of several men (singer of Hell Within, singer and bassist of Prospect Hill) via hugs (yummmmmmmmm!)
- Got elbowed in the head/face a few times
- Got kicked in the head by the singer of Prospect Hill when he decided to go crowd surfing
- Got a Propect Hill guitar pick
- Had my nail torn off while trying to catch a Prospect Hill shirt for Tori so my hand was covered in blood for the rest of the show
- Lost my flipflop when we rushed the stage when Sevendust came on
- Met a bunch of bands (Thurkills Vision, Prospect Hill, Hell Within, Honest Eye)
- Saw a couple fights
I also had the hot bassist from Prospect Hill grinding up on me for part of it, haha!
- Current Mood: exhausted
- Current Music:Licking Cream - Sevendust
Your love is the sweetest music I will ever know.
- Current Mood: lonely
- Current Music:Map of the Problematique - Muse
What inspires you in life? What makes you want to reach for the stars and do something truly extraordinary?
My amazing friends, the musicians that I admire, and my wonderful boyfriend.
- Current Mood: content
- Current Music:Slaughterama - GWAR
Easy. Shadows in Red by Sevendust
This song is just incredibly sad and all about being constantly disappointed in people that were supposed to care for you, when not even eternal vows can make a difference and dealing with the consuming loneliness created by the void that gets left behind when said people walk out of your life. You can't do anything but keep it all bottled up inside until the dam breaks and everything just comes flooding out. It's an endless cycle.
- Current Mood: lethargic
- Current Music:Shadows in Red - Sevendust
- Writer's Block: Captain Planet [+0]
- Also: Stupid Shirts [+0]
- My Thoughts on Ill Nino's Dead New World [+0]
- Writer's Block: MAKE IT STOP! [+0]
- It's an Endless Cycle [+0]
- Make My Life Worth Something More [+0]
- We Bleed the Same [+0]
- Writer's Block: Extraordinary Inspirations [+0]
- Writer's Block: Love stinks [+0]
- NEW GWAR TRACK! [+0]